Ways to Avoid Summer Learning Loss:
- Many children experience learning loss when they do not engage in educational activities during the summer.
- Read with your child every day.
- Explore parks, nature preserves, museums, and cultural centers.
- Look for teachable moments everyday (For example, measuring ingredients for recipes and reviewing maps for trips).
- Encourage your child to complete the activities in the Summer Bridge Activities book. Spread it out over the whole summer.
Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Triathlon:
- Kids can earn a free book.
- Answer 3 of the 4 questions in the Summer Reading Triathlon Journal.
- Take the completed journal to a Barnes & Noble store between May 17 and September 6, 2016.
- Choose the FREE book from the list featured in the Summer Reading Triathlon Journal.
- Copies fo the Summer Reading Triathlon Journal are available in the front office until Friday, May 27.