Altruria Elementary School
2017 - 2018
The success of every student is the responsibility of all stakeholders. This compact describes the commitments of the students, parents, teachers and administrators as we work together to help students achieve Tennessee’s high standards.
It is important that I work to the best of my ability. Therefore, I will strive to do the following:
- Show responsible behavior by coming to school regularly and on time, following all school rules, and bringing necessary materials to school.
- Do homework every day and ask for help if I need it.
- Read at least 15-30 minutes every day outside of school.
- Give my parents/guardians all notes and information every day.
- Accept responsibility for my own learning.
Student Signature: ____________________________________________________________Date: ________________________
I will support my child’s learning in the following ways:
- Make sure my child attends school each day and is on time.
- Make sure my child completes and turns in homework.
- Monitor the amount of television my child watches and promote positive use of a time outside of school.
- Volunteer in my child’s classroom.
- Participate in decisions related to my child’s education.
- Read all notices from the school or the school district.
Parent Signature: ____________________________________________________________Date: ________________________
It is important that students achieve and grow. Therefore, I will strive to:
- Provide standards-based instruction.
- Establish a safe and enriching classroom environment.
- Provide meaningful homework assignments and interventions for students to achieve academic success.
- Treat all students, parents, and other staff members with dignity and respect while modeling and teaching these behaviors to my students.
- Provide regular information to students and parents about student progress.
- Provide flexible opportunities for parents to meet during which this compact will be discussed as it related to the individual child’s achievement.
- Provide parents opportunities to volunteer and participate in their child’s learning.
Teacher Signature: ____________________________________________________________Date: ________________________
It is important that students achieve and parents are involved. Therefore, I will strive to:
- Provide a safe environment that promotes positive communication among the students, parents, and faculty.
- Provide staff development to promote standards-based instruction.
- Treat students, parents, and staff members with dignity and respect while modeling and teaching these behaviors.
- Provide parents reasonable access to staff and ongoing learning opportunities.
- Coordinate communication to parents regarding learning expectations and current progress.
Administrator Signature: _____________________________________________________Date: ________________________
Bartlett City Schools offer educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex or disability.